So, in this next series of posts, I will try to recall the questions from the recently concluded West Bengal Post Graduate Medical Admission Test, which I took today.
I totally bombed. It went awfully, in my book. I ended up marking 195 questions out of the 200, just hoping that statistical relevance and the law of average (you get questions wrong often enough, you are bound to start getting them correct eventually) kick in my favor finally (voice at the back of my head:
Hey, what about Murphy’s Law?). Anyways, I managed to recall some 115 questions, but most of them were partial. I could not remember all 4 options for each of them. The ones I remember may well be wrong.
But in a series of 6 posts, I will post the 60 questions that I have managed to recall (3 or more options). Here is the first in the line of the six posts. Don’t forget to read the other five posts.
1. Which of the following rickettsial infections is transmitted by ticks? [MICROBIOLOGY/PREVENTIVE AND SOCIAL MEDICINE]
a. Rickettsia prowazekii
b. Rickettsia rickettsiae
c. Rickettsia typhi
d. Rickettsia akari
2. Which of the following drugs is an inhibitor of the enzyme cyclooxygenase? [PHARMACOLOGY]
3. Which of the following is the drug of choice for the management of PSVT? [Pharmacology]
d. ? Amiodarone
4. A 3 day old infant was brought in with complaints of being restless and feed intolerant. He has a heart rate of 250 beats per minute, and ECG shows a QRS complex of duration 0.07 secs, with no discernible p waves. Which of the following is a likely diagnosis? [Medicine]
b. PSVT with aberrant conducting channels
c. Ventricular Tachycardia
d. Atrial fibrillation
5. Human Development Index comprises of which of the following? [Preventive and Social Medicine]
a. Education, purchasing power, life expectancy
b. Education, per capita income, life expectancy
c. ? Education, life expectancy, social status
d. Life expectancy, gross domestic product, MMR
6. Maternal Mortality Rate is defined as the number of maternal deaths every [Preventive and Social Medicine]
a. 1000 live births
b. 100 live births
c. 10,000 live births
d. 100,000 live births
7. Elimination of leprosy is defined to have been achieved when the incidence is
a. <1 per 100,000
b. <1 per 10,000
c. <1 per 1000
d. <1 per 100
8. J-shaped sella is seen in
a. Empty sella
c. Pituitary Macroadenoma
9. Of the following which is the commonest intracranial complication of CSOM?
a. Temporal lobe abscess
c. Cavernous Sinus Thrombosis
10. Which of the following is responsible for CSF Otorrhea?
a. Tympanic Membrane rupture
b. Parietal fracture
c. Ethmoidal fracture
d. Petrous temporal fracture
That’s if for this post folks! 🙂 Check the next one for more!